worldwide suffer from Migraine, a severe form of headache.
What causes Migraine is not yet very clear. It is thought that there
are many factors which causes it. Following are some triggers of
- Weather. Extremeties of weather,
very hot, very cold or very humid
- Foods. Serotonin
containing foods like aged cheese , aged wine and foods emitting strong
in the body. Hormonal fluctuations in the body. This
normally occurs around puberty and menopause.
Periods. Throbbing headaches can also occur when a person
is under stress
Though many ways
exist and are practised to control Migraine, none can be said to be 100
percent effective. Following do contribute to eliminating / controlling
- Blocked sinuses paly a big role in causing ache
around the eyes,
forehead, jaws and face. Avoid foods like curd, rice, water melon
at night. Steam inhaled with neem leaves clears most sinuses. Even
eucalyptus oil helps.
- Always eat something before you leave home. Remeber a
low blood pressure is one of the causes of migraine.
- Maintain your digestive system. If your bowel
movement is not are not good, migraine could attack you. Gas in the
intestines is a cause.
- Keep away from refined sugar, aged cheese, aged wine.
- Eat as much of fresh vegetables and fruits as you
can. Consume coriander and mint chutneys, mixed or separate. Bael
sherbet keeps intestines in good order.
- Exercise only at cool time of the today.
- Practice Yoga.
- Women should take precuations during PMS;
they should eat more fruits and vegetables during this
period. Leafy vegetables like spinach, Sarson, soy and fruits help.